Orange Dreamsicle Lush
- Prep 40 min
- Total 6 hr 40 min
- Servings 18
Everyone’s favorite childhood ice cream treat becomes a sophisticated potluck dessert in this refreshing and creamy lush. Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix makes a perfect cookie crust, which gets topped with layers of creamy vanilla pudding, orange Jell-O® gelatin and Co… MORE+
1Heat oven to 375°F. Make and bake drop cookies as directed on pouch. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
2In food processor, process half of the cookies to coarse crumbs. Remove to medium bowl. Continue to process remaining cookies to coarse crumbs; add to bowl. Stir in melted butter until well blended. In ungreased 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, press cookie crumb mixture firmly in bottom. Set aside.
3In small bowl, place gelatin, and add boiling water; beat with whisk until blended. Stir occasionally about 2 minutes or until mostly dissolved. In medium bowl, beat dry pudding mixes and milk with whisk about 2 minutes or until thick. Stir in dissolved gelatin. Let stand 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4In large bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, scraping down side of bowl frequently. Beat in 2 cups of the whipped topping. Spread over cookie crust.
5Pour pudding mixture over cream cheese layer; spread evenly over top. Drop remaining whipped topping by spoonfuls over pudding layer; carefully spread until even. Refrigerate 5 hours.
6When ready to serve, sprinkle orange segments on top. Cut into 6 rows by 3 rows. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pieces.
- Be sure to drain mandarin orange segments well before placing on top of whipped topping.
- Using a glass baking dish makes a pretty presentation with this dessert; a metal 13×9-inch pan will also work.
- To quickly soften cream cheese, remove from wrapper, and place on microwavable plate; microwave uncovered on High about 15 seconds or just until softened.
- Be sure to dollop mixtures on top of layers—it’s easier to spread than spooning mixture in center and spreading.
- Mandarin oranges can be juicy, so be sure to drain well before garnishing.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
% Daily Value*:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 1/2 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.